Diabetes and Fat Liberation Group
We are excited to announce our upcoming group: Diabetes and Fat Liberation! This group will be co-led by therapist Taylor Saunders, LSWAIC, and dietitian and diabetes specialist, Erin Phillips, MPH, RD, CDCES who specialize in supporting people with diabetes from a fat liberation lens.
Over the six (6) weeks, we will cover topics including:
- Coping with a chronic condition
- Dealing with judgment and shame that may accompany a diabetes diagnosis
- Maintaining and improving relationship with food and body with diabetes
- Doctors and self advocacy
- And more!
Here are all of the details:
- Mondays 11:30am-12:30pm (Pacific Time)
- Six (6) weeks.
- February 6 – March 13, 2023
- Washington state residents with diabetes (no prediabetes)
- Exclusively for people in larger bodies
- Max 10 people
- The group is most appropriate for folks who are stable at an outpatient level of care.
- Where: virtual (open to anyone in Washington state)
- How much: $375 total for the entire 6 weeks (limiting sliding scale spots available, please inquire in the application)